Friday 8 March 2013

Flapjacks and snattoos.

I know I've been slack, please forgive me, I'll update you on my life in another post. But what you're here for right now is my first (of hopefully many) tattoo post!

I give to you, one of my fave uni gals and course friend, Emma, the total babe.

Emma is one of two girls I met on the first day of my course induction at uni and we've been friends ever since, she's hilarious, she's a sassy lil thang, and she has tattoos. Perfect for my first tatt post malark.

How old were you when you got your first tattoo? 
Eighteen, legal age!
Which one was it? 
Um, I got the three arm tattoos done in one session because it was cheaper. 
Which one is your favourite? 
Probably the rose or the skull, just because they're the most... not artistic but best drawn out ones.




Are there any reasons behind your tattoos or do you just like them? 
There are reasons behind all of them, but when people ask I don't want to sound like a sob story... well not a sob story but it's just unrelated issues to people asking. My skull is a jokey way to look at dying. I used to get anxiety about dying and he reminds me to not take life so seriously, which is why he's wearing a hat. The card in his hat is the highest value card in a deck, which is a metaphor for the highest valued thing in life, that and not caring, that's whats important.
Where do you go to get your tattoos? 
A tattoo shop in Welling called Demon Ink. My friends suggested it to me because when I originally told them where I wanted to go to get tattoos they were warning me not to and suggested another place that does awesome line work.


Do you plan on getting any more?
Um, I don't have any in mind at the moment, I've always had these in mind. But if one pops into my mind I'll get it done. I'm not serious about any more though because I think I went a bit crazy as soon as I was legal to get tattoos. I wanted my Deathly Hallows tattoo when the final film came out but I was under age, I decided to wait to get it done. I didn't want to go somewhere dodgy because it's going to be on my body for life.
Do you have any advice for people that are thinking about getting tattoos? 
Draw them out yourself, or if you can't draw have a long discussion about the tattoo with the artist. What you have in mind might not necessarily work as a tattoo but an artist will always pull it into one for you. But have a good idea, don't go to a shop blind. I think you can get silly tattoos, but as long as you like them and don't care what other people think about them, you're fine. 


Like I said, such as sassy babe. She's currently running an awesome music blog which you should definitely check out.

Actual proof that we're mates, standard drunk photo. I'm a scary mohoe.

1 comment:

  1. my armpit <3333

    literally why do i pretend to kiss people drunk... your cheek not even there

    ReplyDelete