Monday 25 March 2013

Dear Me, love Me.

Every so often, I'll be posting an anonymous piece of writing from someone with what they'd tell their sixteen year old self now if they could. I really thought it'd be interesting to do a little project and get some of my friends involved. If you wanna get involved, my email address is tish.hart@hotmail.co.uk and I absolutely promise to keep it anonymous, if you don't feel comfortable letting even me know who you are, send it from a throw away account but just be sure to add your age now and gender at the bottom.

Here's your first one guys:


Dear myself when I was 16? 16 Self? Self 16? 

  You've made plenty of mistakes but mistakes have a good side too. Thanks to your mistakes, you will learn many important lessons, however some of your mistakes were just stupid.  Firstly, realise how lucky you are: You have a great family who only want the best for you. You have friends who only want to have a laugh and have fun. Don't lie, upset or hurt anyone, you'll regret it. Don't let anyone lie, upset or hurt you either, just carry on. 
   It's not all negative though, I admire your stubbornness, your lack of respect for authority and your slightly mental/psycho character. 
Just have fun, love your mum and don't get caught up in all the emotional bullshit, like "Ergh my life, arhggh my life".
   That's all you crazy shit, now go and masturbate or do some homework.

P.s. Finish that relationship, there's plenty more fish in the sea.
M/18

No comments:

Post a Comment