Tuesday 17 September 2013

It usually doesn't rain in Southern California

After long anticipation (I'm sure) I'm back with another tattoo post! This time our subject is my best friend of eight years Oscar Coles (you might remember his sister Chloe from this post)



























Recently moving to Detroit to study at Wayne State University for his second year of his BA in History, Oscar is quite possibly one of, if not THE coolest person I know (it must run in the family~~~). Over the years he's introduced me to Spekuloos (it is insane) and kept reminding me to never care what anybody else thinks.


I'll now divulge you hungry lot in some of the conversation we had the other evening via Facebook, so forgive me that the interview isn't that long, but I also believe his new and *cooler* American friends beckoned him away with shots. I would've done the same. Wanker.

How old were you when you got your first tattoo? 

18
Which one was your first? 
The skull. Then the thunderbird, then the ship, then the lines around my skull. My last two were my Che (Guevara) quote and my lucky one.

Which is your favourite? 
I don't have a favourite, all of them are as important as the other.
Are there any meanings behind your tattoos?
My luck one I got because I feel I have had a really good life so far and I'm lucky for the opportunities and people I have and have had in my life. The ship is also to remember to never settle, always be adventurous and keep moving.
Where did you get your tattoos? 
One place in Northampton did a couple, and two separate shops in Manchester did my others.
Any other tattoo ideas in the pipe line? 
I'm thinking about the Detroit Tigers D logo, it's cool. Maybe some more Sailor Jerry ones, or Tyler or Frank lyrics.
Sick! Any advice for people thinking about getting tattoos? 
Get them! If you want something, get it. Don't let other things change your mind about it.

Short but sweet, you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment