Wednesday 31 July 2013

Another?

Dear sixteen year old me...
Hey there buddy, check you out with all your friends and parties and stuff! Being sixteen is good for you, you wear it well. Don't get too comfortable though, the next few years are gonna be challenging, but don't worry, we get through it. You have so many friends at 16, but you'll realise it's precious few who still remain in your life and you still care about you so much that are worth more than all those friends ten times over.
I wish I could tell you that everything is going to be exactly how you imagine it but it's not. You're gonna face some tough shit over the next few years babe and you're gonna feel like it'll never get better and it's gonna be unlike anything you have ever experienced in your life, it'll feel like it will never end. It does. I am so proud of you. You have shown strength and courage that I never imagined I would be able to feel and I am so proud to be able to say that I am you. I'm that girl. The next three years involve a lot of great memories for you, look forward to it, enjoy them. You deserve it, even if at times you feel like you don't deserve anything.
You'll be asked by your friend to go to a football game, accept. Go to that game if it kills you. I promise you will not regret it.
I guess a bit about how you're doing right now would be nice. So, I'm writing to you from being nineteen, twenty this September (scary huh?). You're happy. Mum and Dad are doing fine, so are the boys and your sister. Yes, just the boys and your sister. So enjoy your next few years and don't worry, you're going to be just fine.
Take care sweet and if you ever feel low just remember that you reach 19, you're happy and you're loved. That's all that matters.

f/19

No comments:

Post a Comment