Sunday 10 February 2013

The corners of your lips turning upright.

I WILL KEEP UP WITH THIS BLOG. I WILL KEEP UP WITH THIS BLOG. I WILL KEEP UP WITH THIS BLOG.


Happy Sunday! I think I need some continuity in my life, so I'm going to start a feature here where every Sunday I'll post a couple of things that made my week a lovely one. YAY POSITIVE! So, here we go:

1. Finding out Fall Out Boy have come out of sexy hibernation or whatever the fuck they were doing. Queue a new album and a tour! I fangirled all over the place. Not even sorry.
2. Chugging (my version of chugging) the dirty pint in a game of ring of fire and not throwing up, then proceeding to have an amazing night at the SU (I know right.)
3. Realising that I AM A STRONG INDEPENDENT BLACK WOMAN THAT DON'T NEED NO MAN. But really, this week I have realised how happy I am on my own, which is something I didn't think would happen for a long time. GIRL POWER.

I think three is enough for now, any more and it becomes too "LOOK HOW AMAZING MY LIFE IS" and any less it just seems ridiculous to even post about it.
Also, I realised my last posts were very word heavy and didn't have any visuals, and if you're like me, I don't really engage with something (unless I really want to) if there aren't any pictures. So, I present to you, my amazing flat mates and best friends, the guys that LIGHT UP MY LIFE ~~~~~





And, because I'm only human;
Here is something that has really pissed me off this week - 
Fall Out Boy have one gig date in the UK, it is to be held at Underworld in Camden on the 25th of February. Tickets went on sale at 9am Friday the 8th of February. I was dedicated, my alarm went off, I dragged my still drunk butt out of my cosy bed, away from being spooned by two of my favourite people, stumbled down my hallway, laptop and debit card in hand and woke up my flat mates who wanted tickets. It was half eight, we sat, we waited, we refreshed like mad. See tickets and gigs and tours were up and I was raping my f5 key like nobodies business, and all of a sudden I had the option to buy tickets. I put all my details in but no one else could pick up tickets, I was in a massive panic. They refreshed like crazy and I hesitated to press purchase tickets just in case (because I'm an idiot). Refresh again, the time is 9.03 and there, on the screen, making stomachs flip and hearts drop all over the country: SOLD OUT. When I pressed purchase I was faced with the same two words draped in disappointment. Absolutely gutted. But why, WHY did they sell out in THREE MINUTES I hear you ask?! Because See Tickets are complete anal fiends and they didn't go on sale when they were supposed to, they were up early.
But hey ho, plan B is to go to Camden anyway on the 25th, have a super sweet chilled day and listen to them from afar.

Always have a plan B, they tend to ensure a better story than plan A did anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment