Tuesday 31 December 2013

How do you new year?

I cannot push the thought from my mind that 2014 will perhaps not only present me with new, exciting opportunities, it could also take away my opportunity to do things I take for granted now. I wish I could accept the Happy New Year well wishes but I am not in a place to right now. I believe 2013 made me a more positive person, and this isn't a feeling of negativity towards 2014, just fear. I've learnt two things this year from two very important people. The first is something my Mum instilled into me; don't regret anything. An obvious sentiment to live by for many, perhaps, but this coming from my Mama means a whole lot to me. It translates to me as "I believe that no matter what decision you make, whether it be the right or 'wrong' one, you did it to make you happy and I am behind you one million percent whatever it may be". My mum in my eyes has never stopped being that image of the most amazing Mum in the world, she has never stopped being beautiful, inside and out, and I have never stopped aspiring to be like her. So being told she has my back no matter what is all the approval and acceptance I will ever need. The second piece of advice came from my Nan, more commonly known as Nanny to anyone who has ever met her. She's undoubtedly the most amazing lady in the whole world. The woman has the capability to laugh at anything and everything. Hurt yourself? Hilarious! A morbid story from the past? She can't tell it for laughing. This is the second lesson I received and this year and probably the one that I need to put into practice more, because if you can't laugh, you'll cry, and being sad isn't going to change the way things are. Life really is too bloody short. I have many, many years to watch the fireworks on Southbank with my boyfriend, or get wasted with my friends... if I want to. That's why I'm watching the television with 3 outta 4 members of my family, because I want to. And I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment